Monday 31 January 2011

Mock Up Front Cover



After previously creating two rushed mock up pages i have decided to create a third to represent much clearer what i would like my final piece to look like. As you can see i have used an image off the Internet which makes clear eye contact but also has body language to immediately portray the personality of the character and this is what i am hoping to do also. As the artists clothing is included in the photo i believe this adds the slight element of aiming towards a slightly if not highly fashion conscious audience after the main element of music. I would also be keen to keep up this look rather than having a close up of just my artists face. On the mock up you can see above i have kept the cover lines fairly minimal but included enough to keep the page looking interesting. In my research and planning i came to the conclusion i would in fact like to keep my page minimalistic and the above shows the style i am attempting to present to my audience. The colours used within the page are also a glimpse of what i would like to appear on my final piece. I think the use of the vibrant red against the more monochrome, black white and grey works particularly well. Something i believe would need to be changed is the large cover line 'macy stone' due to the font. The font i use would need to be much more eye catching and bold to indicate what the main article inside is going to be about.

As you can see here i have taken an image from the Internet but manipulated it in the way that is suitable for the style of my magazine. Here i used photoshop to first of all cut out my main image so i was then able to place it onto the monochrome background which i have also edited. I have turned the saturation of the photo down slightly to reduce the bright colours within the photo. I have done this to give the magazine a more monochrome and classy look but ensured slight colour can still be seen within the cheeks of my photo to stop my artist looking malnourished and still potentially life like. I have created shadows around the image to enable the photo itself to look realistic and work well with the background i have added. When i placed the photo onto the background the originally size was much smaller than the one that you can now see. I stretched the photo upwards so i was then able to emphasise that it was the main element of the page and what i would want to be most eye catching. I also made it slightly bigger so then i was able to merge the masthead and the image together to ensure the magazine looks as if it has been put together skillfully and creatively.

1 comment:

  1. This cover is really good! The overall layout really works together and I like the simplicity of it. The masthead really works,the font and the colour match the genre I think you are going for and I also like the font of the main cover line. The only slight thing would be that it isn't your own photograph and the photograph is the focal point of the page, so you haven't got a realistic idea of the cover, but if you are going to recreate that photo then I think it will look brilliant.

    ReplyDelete