Wednesday 19 January 2011

Final Magazine Title

After doing some market research and narrowing down 7 different names for the title of my magazine i have finally come to a decision. I came up with the following names; INspire, Vinyl, Pulse, Twee, Chorus, Rogue and Flux. I quickly made my mind up and decided that my two favourite were Pulse and Flux. I feel that they both have a short snappy tendencies but also carry  some good meanings in relation to music itself. 


After receiving positive feedback when doing my pitch on the name 'Flux' as at this point i still had my options open. From this i think this has helped me to finalize the name of my magazine. The name 'Flux' has also grown on me greatly whilst taking the other names into consideration.  I actually came across the word 'Flux' from the famous 2007 hit by Bloc Party. As Bloc Party do in fact fit into my music genre slightly this was another positive. The actual meaning of the word Flux that would be presented on the front of my magazine is the flow of something and the constant change of something. This links in particularly well with the subject of my magazine which is up and coming music. As music is always changing and constantly flowing i believe this hold a good hidden meaning. My only worry about the name Flux was whether all of my audience would understand the meaning. If this was the case that they were unsure, i think the word itself rolls off the tongue nicely and is something that is likely to stick in the back of your head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment