Tuesday 11 January 2011

Magazine Title Final Ideas

After doing my research i have discovered that the magazines i would usually tend to read follow a common pattern of using a short, monosyllabic, punchy name. For example, 'Q' 'Love' and 'Spin'. Making an exception for the highly popular NME magazine which has succeeded in using a short acronym with a basic, to the point meaning. I particularly like the the idea of a quick, but to the point name, as i think this is more likely to stick into a buyers mind, which then leads to consideration of the meaning behind the masthead itself. On the other hand i do believe that there are several polysyllabic names that can also have the same effect. For my magazine i have came up with 7 different names, each with a slightly different hidden meaning. So far, these are the potential names i have came up with for my music magazine; INspire, Vinyl, Pulse, Twee, Chorus, Rogue and Flux.

Currently i do not have a favourite from the above and intend to carry out some market research to help me make my final decision. I think that is something that will be extremely useful as meeting the needs of my audience is something that i must take highly into consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment