Thursday 27 January 2011

Magazine Pitch Evaluation

p

Firstly i believe that my magazine pitch went fairly well although looking back i can see that i have used ridiculous amounts of hand movements. My watching my pitch back i feel that i explained many of the elements of my magazine clearly and into enough detail that my classmate were able to gain a sense of understanding i would like my final piece to look like.
Something that i feel worked well within my pitch was asking for suggestions on the names i had currently come up with. After getting positive feedback on the name Flux i have now decided to use this name for my final piece.
As i mentioned in my pitch i would like my contents page and double page spread to be minimalistic but still detailed enough to appeal to my target audience. I have stuck to this idea as i believe this will contribute towards the classy look i would also like my magazine to have. When being asked questions i came across realising that i had not actually decided the location for my magazine shoot. As i mentioned that i would like to keep it fairly basic so the artist is the main focus of the image, i have stuck to this and taken my photo shoot with a white studio effect. One more question that i came across when doing my pitch was how i would like my covering artist to be dressed. As i did mention they would need appropriate clothing to match the genre, i have followed up my decision to have them slightly smartly dressed rather than scruffy as have i previously mentioned i think it would add an element of class to the magazine and also keep it looking professional.

Over all the feedback that i gained from doing my pitch helped me to make final decisions on what image i am trying to portray through my final piece. Since my pitch i have changed small elements of what i would like to feature on my magazine due to several things working or not working. All these changes have been listed on my blog and  i feel that my pitch helped me to finalize the ideas i originally had in mind.

1 comment:

  1. From a point of view that i was witnessing the pitch i would agree and say it did go very well . You managed to successfully disguss all options and problems you will encounter during the research and production of your magazine. You also analysed and created a solution. Good job.

    ReplyDelete