Friday 17 December 2010

Influences from other texts


The work on the NME magazine highly influences me due to the bold, bright colours that always stand out from a neutral background. I think in the above magazine the colours have been put together extremely well. Due to the use of the blue, white and red we are able to see how culture is represented through the magazine and i think this is an excellent idea.
The colour palette is something that would be eye catching amongst other magazines on a shelf. The way that M.I.A herself is wearing red lipstick creates an even greater connection between the colours and the artist. Maybe representing class.This is something i will definitely consider when featuring my artist on the front of my magazine. 


I think the photo on the front of this magazine is especially clever. It is sleek but the use of props within the photo to set the colour scene and also complete the image. This is not a normal convention that would be found on the front of a music magazine and that is partly my reason for becoming keen on this piece. The coverline also is something that fits in brilliantly with the style of the magazine cover. I will take into considersation the use of connection and props when choosing the final photo for my magazine.



The background is something i find interesting within this magazine. I usually prefer a light background to allow other colours on the page to stand out. In this case i think it adds class to the magazine, whereas the white adds cleanliness. The name of the magazine fits in perfectly with the colour scheme itself. This would be something to think about when choosing my colours in relation to the connotations of my magazine name. I also love the picture. I think it's very seductive, which therefore draws in buyers. Not just males, but many females thanks to the character being very aspirational.  



I like the font used for the masthead of this magazine. I think it looks arty which reflects the own unique style of the magazine. It also adds a modern asset to the cover, and also the picture due to it looking very 1960's. I think that the limited number of words of on the front on the piece is special, as all is said through the photo itself.

1 comment: