Wednesday 9 February 2011

1st Draft Magazine Cover



This is the cover that i submitted as my first draft magazine cover. Over all i think the product that i produced for my draft was of an acceptable standard and included the common conventions that you would expect to find in a music magazine. To begin with the masthead of my magazine was insipired by the colour of the lips on my main image. To do this i used the eye dropper tool in photoshop to ensure that the colours were an exact match. When going through the styling process i did this delibratly so i was able to create continuity and a common theme throughout my cover. I have once again used this red on the main cover line which is informing my audience of the artist on the front of my magazine. To ensure that my main image was large enough and exactly how i wanted it to be i used the magnetic lasso tool to first of all cut the image out from the original background it was on. I then placed it onto the light grey shaded background which i also created using blending and shadowing tools in photoshop.

After fixing the main image and the masthead, the coverlines were the next stage i took. I have used two different fonts for the coverlines, as you can see a simple font for the two headings and a more ornamental font for the subheadings. For the coverline that states "2011 Festival Updates" i have once again used the eye dropper tool which meant i was able to use the denim blue colour found on the shirt for the colour of my font. After completing my coverlines and adjusting them to the appropriate sizes i made the decision to add a banner at the bottom of my magazines advertising more about what to expect inside. I have stuck to my colour scheme and decided to use black and white. I have used a black background with white writing which adds eye catching elements to the page.

1 comment:

  1. I love this abbie, I think that the three colour palette is easy to see and I like the image you have chosen.
    I think that the way you have styled your artist relates well to your genre and artist profile. I think that the mise en scene is very effective as the image is clear, as well as the artist name and the coverlines. However, I think that the image could fill the page more, possibly overlapping the mashead slightly as well as the coverlines overlapping the artist in places.
    :)

    ReplyDelete